What can I say to you that is enough for yesterday. The service you led for us was outstanding. You included every detail we had mentioned and did it in a way that so many people afterwards asked if you were a family friend. The amount of comments we had were a credit to your personal touch. Although it was such a sad day for us all, you added laughter and humour which took that edge off. The fact you wore jeans and leather too just topped it off. What an amazing send off, we were expecting a good turnout but didn’t quite expect what we saw. On behalf of all Franks family Thankyou!
Empathetic, individual, unique
My name is Jessika Hulbert. I am an independent Funeral Celebrant based on the Kent and Sussex border near Tunbridge Wells. It is a privilege to work with the bereaved and I am passionate about what I do. I am mother of four (two at home) and wife to Peter (an architect).Contact Jessika Here
What I Do
As a Funeral Celebrant, I create a service to include whatever elements are important to the family and friends concerned. I carefully listen to what is required from a service, and through detailed discussion learn about the deceased. An order of service is then created, which may include readings, poems, music, memories and prayers and only when all concerned are happy, will the final draft be agreed. All elements of the funeral service are organised with sensitivity and the utmost attention to detail. I collaborate closely with family and friends of the deceased and funeral directors to ensure that a unique and beautiful final tribute can be created, which conveys the essence of the life that was lived.
Funeral services - £250-300 + travel expenses
Memorials - from £350 + travel expenses
Kent, Sussex, Surrey, London
- further afield if required
- I had the honour of officiating at the service of the late Ruth Lauretta Badger last week. It was a beautiful service, full of laughter and tears, song and poetry - she loved literature, music, politics and was fiercely protective of her family. She lived life completely, wholly and passionately.…
- I take a deep breath and lead you in,Carried by strong arms, the pain dented on their shoulders relieving pain.You are placed reverently onto the stand that will take you to your final release,But not until I have stood in front of all your peopleThose you have loved and borne…
- I had the honour of conducting a service for a gentleman who had been a very big part of many people’s lives. He was the owner and head chef of a Thai restaurant. His family wanted a ceremony that would include his Buddhist belief system and be accessible to the…
- Say it with Flowers is perhaps an overused phrase nowadays; in the funeral world flowers really do speak words. I read (in Creative Review) that the Say it with Flowers slogan was created in the US back in 1917 by the Florists’ Telegraph Delivery Association (FTD). “As the FTD went…